开学典礼上G班学生胡越(Simon)父亲胡正良先生(上海海事大学教授、博士生导师)演讲稿
2009-04-09
很高兴作为家长代表参加开学典礼!
Honored to attend the opening ceremony as a representative of your parents.
你们是幸运的人,因为你们乘坐在通向世界名牌的直通车上;
You are lucky enough to be on a bus directly towards the best universities in the world.
介绍我在比利时鲁汶大学留学和在国立新加坡大学当教授的体会;
An introduction to my experience of studying at University of Leuven in Belgium and teaching at National University of Singapore as a professor.
世界名牌大学能提供给你什么?
What can the best universities offer you?
优异的环境(excellent conditions)
多元的文化(multiple cultures)
广阔的视野(wide visions)
丰富的知识(comprehensive knowledge)
实用的技能(practical skills)
多彩的生活(colorful life)
成功的公式(formula of success)
聪明+勤奋+环境=成功
intelligence + diligence + conditions = success
失败的公式之一(a formula of failure)
聪明+懒惰+环境=失败
intelligence + lazy + conditions = failure
记住:世界名牌大学只欢迎最好的学生!
Remember: the best universities only welcome the best students.
良好的英语能力是开启世界名牌大学之门的钥匙
Good ability to communicate in English is the key to the doors of best universities.
学英语很苦,但很快你会发现很有趣。
Learning English is hard for Chinese students, but you will soon find it interesting.
家长支持你们,更希望你们在不远的将来成为世界上名牌大学中最好的学生。
Your parents are supporting your studies, and wish you to become the best students of the best universities in the world in the near future.
祝你们成功!
Wish your studies a great success!